Senior Java Software Engineer DescriptionJob #: 53626
Currently, we are looking for an experienced Senior Java Software Engineer for our Prague office to make the team even stronger.
In 2015 EPAM opened the Czech Republic IT delivery center in Prague, in the iconic City Tower in Pankrac. Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic, is a growing source of innovation due to the increasing demand for software solutions and services in Central Europe. This new location will enable EPAM to more closely collaborate with clients in the region.
We have made many important decisions to align EPAM to the new global operating environment, including taking significant steps to ensure the safety and well-being of more than 36,700+ EPAMers, and to continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world. As result, the vast majority of EPAM's teams are working from home.
No less important is the safety, well-being, and experience of our applicants. Therefore, until further notice, all EPAM employment interviews will be conducted remotely. Our recruitment professionals and hiring managers are standing by to ensure a robust and engaging virtual candidate experience; we look forward to speaking with you.
- Analyze user requirements and produce detailed functional and technical designs
- Work closely with the business to develop solutions based on agreed designs, that satisfy both functional and non-functional requirements
- Work within the development framework, making use of existing components and practices where available
- Ensure the quality of solutions with the appropriate unit and system testing
- To adhere to agreed standards of development and release/deployment
- 3+ years of professional experience in Java software development
- Strong core Java skills including but not limited to Generics, Collections, Multithreading, I/O, Streams and JDBC
- Proficient in reading, writing and debugging multithreaded Java code
- Knowledge of relational databases (ideally Oracle DB)
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to understand complex problems and translate them into solution respecting OOP fundamentals
- Understanding of enterprise design patterns
- Experience with technologies supporting development, continuous integration, automated testing and deployment
- Proficiency in technologies supporting Java development and deployment – Spring, Maven, Xml, etc
- Team player familiar with Agile development concepts
- Good English communication skills (B2 overall language level)
- We offer the possibility to work on full product lifecycle – from concept to delivery into production
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Using English on a daily basis, communication with people from different countries
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Comfortable modern offices in Prague 4
- Benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days, wage compensation for the first three days of illness, meal vouchers, flexi pass, annual coupon of Prague city public transport, multisport cards)
- Czech and English language courses
- Start ASAP/negotiable
- Relocation assistance including the coverage of the relocation costs (if needed)
- Rotation program - possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects within 25 countries
- Referral bonuses for recommended candidates