Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer DescriptionJob #: 66229
EPAM Systems, Inc. is looking for Lead Cloud DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer for GCP Solution Practice team to work with EPAM strategic clients.
Together with the team, you will support clients’ implementation of GCP products through architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, and more.
As a Lead Cloud DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer, you will design and implement the infrastructure for a highly secure, scalable, and high-performance cloud-based system.
Assist the clients with the configuration and deployment of their GCP infrastructure, which include but not limited to the following services: accounts, identity and access management, network architecture, application security, observability, cost optimization, and billing.
You will provide the clients with the guidance on how to design their cloud applications for optimal scaling, including CDN design, load balancer setup, caching, compute optimizations, continuous integration and delivery pipeline, and others.
You will travel to the clients’ sites to deploy solutions and deliver the workshops to educate and enrich clients’ knowledge.
What You’ll Do
- Act as the trusted technical advisor for the clients to resolve complex GCP Infrastructure and DevOps challenges
- Communicate effectively via video conferencing for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities
- Ability to travel 30% of the time as required
- GCP Professional certification, or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience using cloud platform enablement technologies tools such as Terraform and Deployment Manager
- Experience with containerization, artifact repository, and orchestration technologies (Kubernetes and Docker, Helm, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Knowledge of containerization and container orchestration technologies such as GKE and Kubernetes is a must
- Experience maintaining internet facing production-grade applications in virtualized environments (cloud computing platforms and services)
- Experience managing internal or client-facing projects, troubleshooting clients' technical issues and working with engineering, sales and services teams and customers
- Hands on experience with cloud infrastructure; AWS/GCP a plus - Min 4 years
- Experience with GKE, Compute Engine, CloudSQL, VPCx, IAM, Cloud Storage, and other GCP Services
- Strong understanding of ITIL principles, certification is a plus
- Diagnosing & troubleshooting user facing service incidents & outages
- Exposure to system & application level telemetry for large distributed cloud architectures
- Diagnosing, resolving problems in high-throughput web applications & network services
- Expert level troubleshooting skills across different levels of the solution stack
- Knowledge of Anthos will be a plus
- Preferred qualifications:
- In-depth experience with the major cloud providers
- Experience with scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers/Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms)
- Experience with containerization, artifact repository, and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Helm, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Experience automating infrastructure provisioning, DevOps, and/or continuous integration/delivery
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as identity and access management, data protection, encryption, certificate and key management
- Hands-on experience with deployment technologies (such as Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible)
- Understanding of open source server software (such as NGINX, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Familiarity with IT security best practices such as encryption, certificates, and key management
- Consulting experience with migrations from on-prem or AWS/Azure to GCP
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills to lead change and adoption of new technologies
What We Offer
- Extended Healthcare with Prescription Drugs, Dental and Vision Insurance (Company Paid)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Company Paid)
- Employee Assistance Program (Company Paid)
- Long-Term Disability
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions