Senior Systems Engineer DescriptionJob #: 66232
EPAM Systems, Inc. is looking for Cloud DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer for Google Cloud Platform Solution Practice team to work with EPAM strategic clients.
Together with the team, you will support clients’ implementation of GCP products through architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, and more.
As a Cloud DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer, you will assist the clients with the configuration and deployment of their GCP infrastructure, which include but not limited to the following services: identity and access management, network architecture, application security, logging and monitoring, billing.
You will provide the clients with the guidance on how to design their cloud applications for optimal scaling, including CDN design, load balancer setup, caching, compute optimizations, continuous integration and delivery pipeline, and others.
You will travel to the clients’ sites to deploy solutions and deliver the workshops to educate and enrich clients’ knowledge.
What You’ll Do
- Act as the trusted technical advisor for the clients to resolve complex Google Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps challenges
- Communicate effectively via video conferencing for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities
- Ability to travel 30% of the time as required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience with LVM2, Linux, Oracle Application Server and Terraform
- Solid experience in writing software in Python and similar
- Experience maintaining internet facing production-grade applications in virtualized environments (cloud computing platforms and services)
- Experience managing internal or client-facing projects, troubleshooting clients' technical issues and working with engineering, sales and services teams and customers
- Preferred qualifications:
- In-depth experience with the major cloud providers
- Experience with scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers/Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms)
- Experience with orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Hands-on experience with deployment technologies (such as Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Terraform)
- Understanding of open source server software (such as NGINX, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Familiarity with IT security best practices such as encryption, certificates, and key management
- Consulting experience with migrations from AWS, Azure to GCP
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills to lead change and adoption of new technologies
What We Offer
- Extended Healthcare with Prescription Drugs, Dental and Vision Insurance (Company Paid)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Company Paid)
- Employee Assistance Program (Company Paid)
- Long-Term Disability
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions