Senior Business Analyst / Capital Markets DescriptionJob #: 51676
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers’ business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today’s new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you’ll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
Currently, we are looking for Business Analysts with Capital Markets knowledge for our Malaga office to make the team stronger.
With over twenty-five years’ experience in crafting market leading software, our business has been rapidly evolving and is now a global player in solving business challenges and developing tailor-made cutting-edge solutions. These challenges require a dynamic and highly skilled workforce imagining, designing, engineering, and delivering software, through to business consulting services & customer experiences, which are changing the world around us.
You will be working alongside globally renowned and award-winning design, development and technology teams who are passionate about what they do and how they do it. We always hire for a career in EPAM, but the initial client for this hire is a leading UK based Hedge Fund with aggressive growth aspirations and a challenging delivery agenda.
Our Business Analysts work at a deep level with clients within an existing distributed team, helping form specifications and ideas for new systems and acting as a key bridge between development and testing teams and front office trading, risk and quant staff.
Learn more about Malaga opportunities here
- Provide specification of new functionality as required by projects across the front, middle and back office
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of knowledge through better documentation and knowledge management infrastructure
- Create specification of test coverage, test design and regression approaches
- Play a proactive role in proposing new processes, tools & approaches
- Suggest innovative solutions to business problems/processes that leverage technology to provide marketing differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experiences
- Help in investigation of complex functional software issues, assist in root cause analysis and establish a solution
- Identify and manage risks and flag major issues early
- Deep, detailed experience of specifying, testing and documenting the pricing and risk management of assets classes such as Equites, Rates or Credit
- Deep knowledge of derivative pricing and risk
- Academic background in Maths, Finance or Financial Engineering (Ideally some formal qualifications such as CFA)
- Experience of working with financial data (market and/or static data) and familiarity with Bloomberg
- Alternatively, experience of working with financial data providers like Reuters, S&P, Moody’s, Fitch etc. would be very beneficial
- Technical backdgound:
- Experience in SQL
- Excellent Excel skills including experience in model libraries
- Some basic development skills would be a plus but not essential
- Being passionate about great, structured documentation and the benefits of knowledge management
- Strong skills to communicate clearly and precisely, leading others and transferring knowledge efficiently
- Good attention to details and strive for learning
- Ability to create a strong, honest and mutually respectful relationships with the key client, visiting their London office as required
- Extended opportunity to grow professionally in a cross-cultural environment
- Access to various on-line courses from leading provider
- Access to engineering communities on a global scale
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Social benefits in line with local legislation
- Health insurance and meal vouchers programs
- Special discount program for EPAMers with providers across Malaga and in other cities around the world
- Regular team collaboration events
- Office in a good location with easy access
- Referral bonuses
- Relocation support (for people from other countries)