Senior Java Developer - Relocation to Switzerland London, UK
Senior Java Developer - Relocation to Switzerland DescriptionJob #: 74475
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 and 2022 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 50 countries across six continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked four times as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies list. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest Growing Firm.
Learn more at www.epam.com and follow EPAM on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Relocate to Switzerland with EPAM: live and work in one of the countries with the highest quality of life in the world, blessed with natural wonders and fostering a culture of innovation.
A very popular destination for families, sports lovers and travelers with its dreamy mountains and lakes, rich culture and central location in Europe, Switzerland is an ideal location for tech experts looking to develop their careers and grow professionally in an international context within highly skilled teams.
In the cosmopolitan city of Zurich, EPAM continues to build world-class teams delivering engineering excellence with leading Java capabilities. We partner with prestigious international and local businesses, to support their digital transformation and innovation plans.
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable distributed systems? Do you enjoy working with both technical and business stakeholders to translate vision and designs into sustainable, customer-focused solutions?
If this sounds like you, then you have the chance to join the highly skilled team in Zurich that develops, maintains and extends a mission critical, high-availability and low-latency platform that handles orders and trade processing of a wide spectrum of investment products (stock, derivatives, bonds, funds, forex, precious metals, structured products, etc.) on multiple exchanges.
This is an amazing opportunity to make an impact on an ambitious project for a longstanding client of EPAM, internationally recognized as a leading banking institution. We look forward to receiving your application!
EPAM’s relocation program can provide guidance and financial support to help you and your family with your move to Switzerland.*
- Produce secure and clean code that is stable, operational, consistent and well-performing
- Advice the customer in software architecture and design principles
- Design, plan and deliver solutions in a large-scale enterprise environment
- Analyze business and technical requirements
- Develop high quality, maintainable code for a mission critical system
- Improve and develop existing and new features on a multitude of microservices
- Collaborate with the customer and teams in other locations on a daily basis
- Work closely with senior engineers, PMs, BAs and business users (clients) in order to find best possible technical solution for the project
- Support the production users and investigate issues in production when contacted by L2 support team
- 5 years + as a Java software engineer/developer focused on backend systems
- Strong experience: Spring Framework, Spring Boot, SOAP & REST Webservices, JPA (Hibernate), SQL (Oracle), Junit and recent Java versions
- Solid experience: Maven, Git, Jenkins, Jira, Sonar, Tomcat application server and Linux
- Basic knowledge (min. 2 areas out of 4): Front-end Development, Apache Struts, Cloud Native Apps, Test Automation
- Know-how to apply standard methods, techniques and templates as defined by our SDLC i.e. code repository handling, code inspection, penetration testing etc
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or equivalent with a focus in technical and/or finance-related subjects
- An innovative mindset and a great interest in shaping the future of technology in financial applications
- Fluent English language skills are a must-have
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Knowledge-sharing across EPAM's Global Tech Communities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning Solutions
- *Relocation support as per EPAM relocation policies
- EPAM Community with regular corporate and social events
- Career growth, performance and compensation reviews
- All perks and benefits are subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Please note that any offers will be subject to appropriate background checks
- We do not accept CVs from recruiting or staffing agencies